Friday, November 16, 2007

Kingdom of Mana... Dawn of Hearts

So is it just me, or are Japanese RPGs taking a turn for the worst.

Dawn of Hearts… I’m sorry, Kingdom of Mana… shoot.. I’ll get it right,

Dawn of Mana!

That’s it! Dawn of Mana took the camera and model elements from Kingdom Hearts II, and the traditional feel of all the Mana games and slammed them together. Sounds great right?

Wrong.

They edited out all the RP elements, transforming the game into a whimsical watered down lame fest.

You find yourself leaping around comically knocking enemies into each other so that you can get some little shitty temporary upgrades. They incorporate no item system; they have no real leveling up system to speak of and no sort of equipment.

Don’t mess with a good thing Squinix. And Mana was a good thing until you destroyed it.

I give Dawn of Mana two out of five stars, and the only reason I give it that much is because of the nostalgic feeling it gave me at first.

This is the first Square game that I am ever going to sell back.

No comments: