Sunday, October 14, 2007

Retcon Bastards

Maybe I’m just not into comics enough, but the superhero world has become so convoluted, so ridiculous, that I have no idea what is going on.

How many times has each of the X-men died? And don’t you dare ask me in which universe, or I will pour grape juice on your comic collection!

I liked being able to pick up a hulk comic and have it be the same story as the other hulk comics, not three different universes all battling each other for shock value supremacy.

I yearn for the simple days of hulk smash and baterangs, when superheroes where what they were supposed to be, stories about caped crusaders saving the world from the bad guy.

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t come up with new and different plotlines and drama, I am just worried that they just killed off captain America, and I am not very concerned.

OK, so I cried a little.

Just a little.

But we all know he won’t stay dead. That’s the kicker. Comics are more than soap opera’s for men right?

The past needs to stay as you wrote it, comic book writers, so plan ahead. And stop killing characters and bringing them back! It’s like a necromancers bad dream.

Please, just think of the poor necromancers.

No comments: